Equipment Lending Policy
- You must be a currently enrolled COD student, faculty, or staff member to check out equipment and accessories.
- You must present a Library card, faculty/staff ID, or a valid photo ID each time you wish to check out any of the equipment.
- Students checking out laptops or iPads must also present a photo ID along with their Library card. No exceptions will be made to this rule.
- Students must sign a Loan Agreement form before checking out a laptop or iPad to ensure responsibility for these items is understood. Stolen, lost, or damaged items will result in a replacement charge equal to the cost of the item, plus a processing fee of $50. Students, faculty, and staff are responsible for the safety and security of the item while it is in their possession.
- Items must be returned to a staff member during the Library's open hours. Under no circumstances should items be dropped in book drops, as this can cause damage to the equipment. Items should also be left with a staff member and not simply set down on the Circulation desk. You are responsible for the item until it is checked in by a staff member.
- When the item is due back, be sure to return all of the cords, cables, chargers and cases that came with the equipment you checked out. The equipment will not be checked in until all pieces are present. Students will be responsible for any overdue fines incurred at $10 per hour, until the return is complete.
- Upon return, Library staff will inspect equipment to make sure all pieces are present and in good working order. Please allow a few minutes for the return inspection.
Guard your privacy when using loaner equipment!
Do not save any passwords on the Library's technology equipment. Before returning the equipment, log out of any applications or accounts you've logged into and clear all passwords and documents, The equipment will not be automatically re-set.