- COD Writing, Reading and Speech Assistance
This area is open to all College of DuPage students, faculty and staff, free of charge. Coaches are both peer tutors and part-time faculty.
Writing and Citation Guides
- APA Style - http://apastyle.org
- MLA Style Center - https://style.mla.org
- The Ultimate Guide to MLA Eighth Edition - http://www.easybib.com/guides/citation-guides/mla-8/ultimate-guide-mla-e...
- OWL: Online Writing Lab, Purdue University - http://owl.english.purdue.edu
- How to Cite from Short Stories for Students (MLA) - [PDF]
- How to Cite from Short Story Criticism (MLA) - [PDF]
- How to Cite from Micromedex and CareNotes (APA) - [doc]
Print Citation Manuals in the Library
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th ed.
- Concise Rules of APA Style, 6th ed.
- MLA Handbook, 8th ed.
- The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th ed.
- A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers, 7th ed. by Kate Turabian
- How to Prepare an Oral Citation
The basic elements of an oral citation, plus examples of how to incorporate citations into your speech presentation.
NoodleTools is an online research management platform that promotes critical thinking and authentic research. Cite, annotate and archive sources easily. Take notes, organize and outline your writing. Collaborate with other students and share with your instructors.