Often, reports on climate change focus on far away locations such as the Arctic or even the East Coast. Want to know how climate change is projected to impact local areas? Check out the following sources:
- WBEZ's report on flooding in the Chatham neighborhood in Chicago, which is part of the larger Heat of the Moment Project
- The City of Chicago has a Climate Action Plan that discusses changes in temperature, precipitation, ecosystems.
- This WBEZ story also details projected meteorological, biological, and economic changes to the region.
- The EPA has a website dedicated to discussing the impact of climate change on agriculture, human health, and water in the Midwest over the 21st century.
- You can find statewide data for temperature and precipitation data on this UIUC website.
- Finally, the Union of Concerned Scientists have created this report on climate change in Illinois, which covers emissions data in addition to many of the topics above.