This unit will help you find an appropriate topic or question for research and demonstrate how that question can be focused to suit the limits of time available, length of assignment, or scope of the problem to be solved.
• Select an appropriate topic for research
• Generate questions from a topic
• Broaden and narrow a question
• Identify key concepts and vocabularies related to a topic
• Broaden and narrow concepts and vocabularies related to a topic
Library Learning Outcomes
(Click for full list of learning outcomes)
After this module, the student should be able to:
1a. Determine a focused, clear, and manageable topic.
1c. Identify key concepts and terms that describe the topic.
1d. Explore general information resources to become familiar with the topic.
1e. Narrow or broaden the scope of the topic based on preliminary research.