The College of DuPage Library is responsible for organizing and maintaining the College of DuPage Archive. The collection consists of material produced by or about the College.
Material collected and preserved in the Archive includes:
• Minutes of the Board of Trustees meeting minutes
• Annual budgets and annual reports
• Legal documents relating to the organization of the College
• Publications produced by the College such as: catalogs, class schedules, brochures, student newspaper, and student publications
• Newspaper clippings and news releases about the College of DuPage
• Books and articles written by faculty and staff
• Minutes and records of campus-wide committees
• Audio-visual materials such as photographs, slides, audio and video recordings
• Artifacts and memorabilia
• Personal papers of faculty and administrators
The material is retained in its original format or converted to electronic format, based on the quality, ease, and permanence of accessibility.
The Archivist reserves the right to discard duplicate material and to decline to add items not closely related to the history of the College. The Archive does not collect student, personnel or departmental records, syllabi, and financial records unless they have historical interest or value.
In addition to the physical archival collection is the Digital Commons, an open-access institutional repository of scholarly and creative works produced and submitted by the College of DuPage faculty, staff, and students. The Digital Commons can be accessed at: dc.cod.edu.